Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Immobiliser and Infra-Red

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th March 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Immobiliser and Infra-Red

Well, Hello.

I own a 97' Megane, and I am having strange problems with the immobiliser and the Infra-red action.

Before Some months, It was the first time: the car didn't recognized the plip (infra red was working, red led flashed), and I couldn't run. (at the time, I Didn't knew the Emergency thing that I learned here.) At the garage they said they just resync the plip.

After a while (3 months), it happened again. at the beggining one plip became unusable, then the second. This time, the Garage said it will take time to check it, and so on - but after one day they told me - the car is ready, it just needed resync. OK. well, that what you said last time.

today, it happened again. After the first plip became again unusable, the second made his to. The strange thing now is that all the Immobiliser system is down now! the car doesn't lock itself at all... Another strange thing is that sometimes when I press the plip, the red light on it flashes for a long period (1 Sec?).

As for me, I don't need this old car to be immobilised. I just want the plip to work properly, without Re-Failures like those. And Would rather not to install new plips set (expensive).

Any solutions from the infra-red experts?
Currently in eran_assis's garage:
1997 Megane 1.6L
  5 Lastest Threads by eran_assis
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Immobiliser and Infra-Red Electronics crazyloco 3 716 27th March 2008 06:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome