Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Carminat update including TMC

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 25th March 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
That's the real problem with TMC, and why I've hung onto my TrafficMaster YQ2. TMC suffers from the human element: People have to find and collate the data, and then remember to keep it up to date when a problem has cleared. As often as not, that just doesn't seem to happen, and quite often I see free-flowing stretches of motorway that are still flagged up as 'slow', probably thanks to rush hour traffic that passed a couple of hours previously.

That's not to say that the TrafficMaster data is always 100% accurate. I have found situations where I've flown along a stretch of motorway that the YQ has said was flowing badly, and rather more often, I've found myself in the opposite situation. But being totally automated, it's never more than a few minutes out of date.

In all the time I've run the two systems side by side (around 5 months and a little over 12,000 miles now) I can only recall one case where TMC got it right and TrafficMaster got it wrong. In all other cases where the two have disagreed (and I have lost count) the TrafficMaster data has always given the more accurate picture of what's going on.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome