Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Connecting Ipod To Head Unit

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 29th March 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by QueenB View Post
Clio's are notorious for not being able to have the steering wheel control once an aftermarket tuner is installed - even with the correct adaptors and leads - it is a hit & miss affair! It took 3 attempts to get mine to work after installing an Alpine Unit my old clio!

I have a stering whelel connctor on my clio - Kenwood one and it worked fantastic first time??
Maybe im just lucky!
If you've got a Dynamique, then chances are your car is a MK2 Ph2 (2001 > facelift model) - chances are they are more successful in aftermarket tuner installation & steering wheel control - however as I have a Mk2 Ph1 I do know MANY people who have tried & failed to get an aftermarket tuner to work on the 1998-2001 Mk2 Ph1 Clio's.

So you are lucky - sort of! (If you've got a Mk2 Ph2 then you had more of a chance of getting it to work first time!)

My 1999 Clio was actually manufactured in 1998 (but registered in 1999) and the wiring was changed for the 1999 onwards and subsequently part of the wiring adaptor was not fully compatible with my clio and so part of another lead kit from another earlier Clio adaptor lead kit had to be used before my Alpine Unit would work with the steering wheel controls - it took 2 attempts with Halfords & then a proper installer (who knew what they were actually doing!) to get mine to work!
Currently in BeanoClio's garage:
1999 Renault Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.4 8V RT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome