Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - '99 Clio - Screen wash pump sounds ok but no water !

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 25th March 2006 Thread Starter
timmy toad
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Laguna II Owner
Assuming you tried pins in the jets etc..

Get to the water bottle pick up pipe - It has a small filter gauze on the pick up which can become clogged - clean it gently and the water will again feed into the pump - failing that remove the pump and inspect + clean as per post above. Pumps rarely fail ( just get dirty )..
Hiya friend, I have finally fixed it, but it DID NOT have a "gauze filter", in fact i took the pump to pieces, the bottom end of it anyway, and it seems the trouble was caused by a kind of valve that switches between the front and rear window, ti must have been stuck or summat, i put all back together and it worked fine.!.

I tell you what though it is a ******* of a job to get at, it is far easier to take the bonnet off, then you have to use a puller to get the tapered splines off on the wiper arms (why do tapered splines stick like that ?), then the plastic shrouds, then the washer bottle itself, the haynes book doesnt show the wiper motor but this has to released as well (three bolts), it is still a squeeze to get the washer bottle out though !

However with it out of the car i couldnt find a filter, and then i found the pump comes out of the washer bottle, without removing the washer bottle at all, and then with a shallow container of water it is a fairly straighforward to establish what part of the pump and puipework is responsible for the lack of water, LOL.

one of the chaps above suggested me taking pictures !, believe me i am very sorry i didnt, but i wasnt in the right frame of mind while doing the job !. ie. i was getting very ****ed off with it !!!!!!!!
Currently in timmy toad's garage:
Mine = Vauxhall W reg. Meriva 1.6 8v, Wifes = Renault Clio RN T reg.,
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome