Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 - Estate Tailgate Inner Trim Removal With Pics

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 30th March 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna Boot not opening - tried all of teh above

I have a similar problem to the above, but has not been solved by the advice given, so the question is, what else can I try?...

The tailgate on my 1998 Laguna Estate Diesel is firmly stuck closed. I have removed the trim and the central locking servo works fine. I have disconnected the linkage and tried manually opening it by pushing down on the linkage, but no luck (have also tried lifting it and the other linkage shown on 'Lagdti's' photos, but no success either).

I have given the area a liberal spray of WD40, but no movement.

I have noticed an 'additional electrical connector' (ie not to the servo) that goes into the base of the tail gate from the inside with blk/gry & wht/gry cables. I don't know what this is, but have tested it and shows a change of voltage when the Central Locking is activated, so I'm wondering if this should release something deep inside the lock that I can't get to. ?!Is there anything else I can try ?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome