Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Which one should I go for?

View Single Post
post #63 of (permalink) Old 31st March 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Didn't like the one I drove very much. It was an R-reg TD Estate, what model does that make it? Anyway, didn't feel like it had any guts at all, and the roll was atrocious -it made French cars look like they've got stiff suspension!

Only had 80k on it too, shame as it looked to be in good nick (well, aside from being gold, perhaps that's what really put me off.)

Mind you, I don't set out with the intent of buying anything specific when looking for a car, I just read reviews of everything that takes my interest and look for common faults on that model. It's like my Lag - it's not the car I'd have chosen at all, since they're not well known for their... ahem... reliability, but that said, it was in much better condition than everything else I looked at - it had been looked after, and I think that probably matters a lot more than the trivial differences between boring cars that are only really built for their functionality... Now, perhaps that's not how I'd choose between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini, but especially looking at the lower end of the car market, you've got to be quick when you see something decent for the money!

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)

Last edited by Azurael; 31st March 2008 at 02:38 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome