Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - PELA Oil 'Refresh'

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 1st April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

thanks for your answers. Kind of confirming what I suspected (that I am just being a bit lazy!). I was not thinking that this could be used to replace 'proper' services done at the garage but just as a 'top up' in between but I see your point about putting clean oil through a dirty filter (even at 1/2 its full life) is maybe a waste of fresh oil !

Not having a driveway is the biggest pain, not really a fan of trying to do work like that on a public road because of the safety/liability aspect (for me and 3rd parties!).

What I might do is have a word with the guys who work at a factory down the road from me who have a nice big car park which is empty evenings/weekends to see if they would have any problem with me using it (and sticking a tarp or something under the car to make sure I did not get oil all over it!)

Hey, maybe post-credit crunch (if I still have a car!) I will move to somewhere with a nice big flat driveway!!!

Currently in pmoss's garage:
2004 Megane II Sport Hatch 1.6 16v VVT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome