Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average MPG from 1.9 DCi Engine

View Single Post
post #123 of (permalink) Old 2nd April 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Pat K View Post
I reset my mpg computer at the top of a very long hill, knocked it out of gear and hit 97.4 mpg on the way down.
Usually I get between 42 & 47 mpg (50/50 town and A road, 2002 Sportstourer 120bhp, 112,000mls) but as xcusme stated earlier in the thread, I get more miles per tank full of Shell or BP fuel than I do any supermarket fuel and more economy in the summer.

People seem not to understand if you "knock the engine out of gear" then you are still using fuel on idle, however, if you simply release the throttle, on shut down this doesnt inject any fuel at all. Also, if you want even better consumption, keep your windows closed, ensure your tyres are at the correct inflation, turn off all electrics, stereo, sat nav, heater etc. Obviously air con is the biggest killer of fuel consumption figures.

If I drive like the above then I can get 50+ on the laguna but normally get 42 without doing the above.
Currently in Fletch's garage:
2005 BMW 330ci M Sport Vert, 1996 BMW 525 SEi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome