Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Estate - Tailgate firmly stuck closed

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 3rd April 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
The entire lock mechanism on Laguna 1s is mecahnical, unlike the Lag IIs, where the button on the boot actuates a solenoid that's actually responsible for releasing the catch, rather than just locking the door so I don't think electrics are your problem. When this happened to mine, it was the retaining pin that stopped the arm moving inward rather than down that had popped out of it's hole. Took me a while to work this out but it must be a different problem to yours as in this case I could still open the boot by pushing the rod down...

There's remarkably little access in there. I don't know if you've got one, but I think there's an explanation of how to get the locking mechanism apart in my Haynes manual which I can scan for you if needed. There's remarkably little access though - I know how awkward they are!

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)

Last edited by Azurael; 3rd April 2008 at 12:17 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome