Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 2.0 IDE engine problems !

View Single Post
post #71 of (permalink) Old 5th April 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by WebCode View Post
In general IDE troubles begin at around 50K miles.. The vehicle starts idling roughly, this can be due to a number of problems.

1: Defective fuel regulator, pump etc
2: Defective fuel injectors etc

In the above example some people say that using super-unleaded improves the idle..

The more serious and common is the failure below

3: Unbalanced cylinder compressions.. A "good" IDE will show around 200-220lbs per cylinder. There must be no more than a 10% difference between the lowest and highest cylinder measurement..
If any cylinder is below 170lbs then the engine must be rebuilt or replaced..

You must ask yourself one question.. Why does Renault not use this engine any more?

Ans: Because it is known to be unreliable and has cost them buckets in warranty payments.. Generally replacement engines are fitted rather than spend lots of diagnosis time & changing components searching for iding cures..

Its unlikely to be the ECU so don't be fooled into having it replaced..

So my advice is GET RID ASAP....
hi thair webcode can u help me please.i decided to take on a hommer witch has turned out to be the biggest regret of my life. it is a laguna 2.0l ide timming belt failure so i got a second hand cylinder head as the valves were too dear to by from renault so ive rebuilt the engine and its running poorly very poorly infact pluged my code reader into it and at first it kept comming up with missfire cylinder 2 so i changed the plugs the leads the coil and tomorrow im going to change the hydrolic tappets and the 4 injectors but there is another code came up it will not clear and cant find out what the code is its telling me 04155 undocumented code . can u please help me m8 or point me in the right direction i have been reading all the other post and to tell u the truth i am shxxing bricks. dont even know if i am posting this in the right would realy be appriciated many thanks kevin
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome