Independent Renault Forums banner

Keycard Warranty *Fixed*

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  winxpert 
#1 ·
Bit of a quandry here..... bought a '55 reg Laguna 2 back in October, still in warranty but only one key card. Last week the key card failed to lock the car (micro switch broken off), went to my local dealer and was told the key card is not covered by warranty and it would cost me £160 for a new one:mad: (I'll stick to using the internal locking method thanks!).
I wouldn't trust my dealer as far as a 2 year old could throw him :confused: so what I would appreciate is some honest advice on whether the key card is covered by warranty or not.
Cheers!:)

#5 · (Edited)
I don't see how they can refuse this replacement card, because car won't work without it, this sounds a very selective idea of a warranty to me.

Make contact with Renault customer care.

Quick edit once you start the ball rolling, don't ever give up, keep on pestering them!

Another quick edit, ask the same question from another dealer!

#6 ·
Winxpert, try this too.

Find out who is the top man at the dealer that you have used, write a letter to him detailing the situation and your concerns, with that done also write a letter of complaint to your local Trading Standards, also send them a copy of the letter you sent to the # 1 at your local dealer.

Make sure when you have any further contact with anyone at the dealer, your know who you are talking to, the date, the result, then pass the information on to your contact at Trading Standards.

Good luck :)

Keep in mind tho, you must be ver persistent.

#7 ·
warranty covers the card unless youve snapped it into
i would go back to dealer and ask them to prove that it aint under warranty if no luck phone renault customer services
up they will sort it
think of it like this if the lag started with a key and it got stuck in ignition switch renault are duty bound to repair it under the terms of the cars warranty

#8 ·
I would definately contact Renault Customer Services and ask for their input on this.

Contact Renault via their website ( Then your complaint is logged )then follow it up with a phone call

The card fault is known to Renault

keep a note of all correspondence with Renault and the Dealer, Who you spoke with times dates etc.

Be polite but firm.

Keep us updated we are here to help if we can.

#9 ·
Succss

At last! Managed to find time to seek another dealer - rea group croydon refused by saying keycards are only covered for 6 months.:devil: (similar scenario with the 3rd brake light, was told it needed a new unit when in actual fact it just needed a bulb!):confused:
Visited Davis of Sevenoaks today and am now awaiting the arrival of a new keycard - covered under the 60000 mile/3Year warranty. No 'bovine defecation' just plain speak. :d Happy chappy now, will be able to lock the car with the card instead of pressing the central locking button for 5 secs, checking the card is in hand, exit car, close door :moonie:

#10 ·
At last! Managed to find time to seek another dealer - rea group croydon refused by saying keycards are only covered for 6 months.:devil: (similar scenario with the 3rd brake light, was told it needed a new unit when in actual fact it just needed a bulb!):confused:
Visited Davis of Sevenoaks today and am now awaiting the arrival of a new keycard - covered under the 60000 mile/3Year warranty. No 'bovine defecation' just plain speak. :d Happy chappy now, will be able to lock the car with the card instead of pressing the central locking button for 5 secs, checking the card is in hand, exit car, close door :moonie:
Good result Winxpert:)

Thanks for keeping us updated.

#11 ·
Quick update on the central locking method:
Press and hold the central locking button for 5 secs, you will hear a 'clunk, clunk' then silence, wait for the single 'clunk', that signifies the locking and you can exit the car via your drivers door (or any other).....just make sure that you have your key in your hand before closing the door! :d

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.