Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Changing xenons with pics

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th April 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Changing xenons with pics

It is possible to remove the headlights on a laguna II with out complete removal of the bumper if like my car and half the bolts have seized up.

Tools needed:
10mm Socket + extension
T20 torx driver

First thing to do is to lift the bonnet and remove the grill which is done by removing the 4 clips and pulling it up and outwards.

Next pu tthe steering onto full lock, either way just chose a side to start on i wnet with the near side.

Now you are going to have to get under the bumper.
You will need to remove the bolt/2 torx screws and the clip.

The bolt is missing from mine it should be in the front. The clip is visable further back.

These are the 2 torx screws.

Next you need to go in to the wheel arch and remove the clips from the front of the wheel arch. there is 2 on the drivers side and 3 on the other.

You can see the 3 clips in this pic.

Once all of these are removed you will have to peel the wheel arch liner back to give access to the bumper securing bolt. You will need to give it a good pull to get it free from the wing.

Once free you can then get a 10mm socket on it as in the pic

Repeat the above for the other side.

Once you have done that you can now pull the bumper free. It will be held on tight but it will come.

The bumper will end up looking like this.

I had already removed my lights by this point but to remove your lights you have to remove the 2 bolts on the top of the light and the 1 on the side. Once they have been removed you just need to release the plastic tab on the out side edge and slide the light out.
Refitting is just the revers of the above. it took my 40 mins or so to replace both lights and get it all back together. Just make sure you test the lights before you put it back together.
Doing this also gives good access to both the fog light and the washer jets.

It also looked like you could remove the trim inserts from the inside of the bumper easier.
I hope that this is of some help to others.
Currently in owenfackrell's garage:
2006 laguna II, initiale sports tourer 2.0Dci , but has had laguna 1 rxe (both phases) and a 98 clio rxe and a Laguna II Sports Tourer 1.9Dci Privilege and a Megane Coupe 2.0 16v in red and a 2007 57 plate megane II privilege 1.5 DCi estate (with Panoramic sunroof) and a 2001 Clio 1.4 Privilagein black.

Last edited by owenfackrell; 8th April 2008 at 11:55 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by owenfackrell
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Intermittent hands free Electronics owenfackrell 0 179 13th April 2016 04:18 PM
Dim xenon lights Electronics owenfackrell 0 207 27th December 2015 08:52 PM
2.0 DCI M9R engine poor cold start Engines TTT 41 5138 30th August 2015 08:33 AM
Laguna II clutch problem Transmissions owenfackrell 0 483 12th September 2014 09:17 AM
Home change of clutch. Transmissions dejan72 10 1639 5th September 2014 07:53 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome