Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna II starting key immobiliser steering lock

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
laguna II starting key immobiliser steering lock

ok where to start ooh yea it doesnt lol ok.

car no start, red dash light immobiliser thingy flashes fast, not recognises key, no ignition lights nothing. key card still unlocks and locks car though. so i can sit in my car but in order to get to work my kids have to push me there. its 2 miles they are exhausted not to mension getting up an hour erlier

anyway Renault diagnosis
needs new battery 122
new steering lock 390
2 new mag cards 82
thats 600

600 im sure for 600 quid i could buy a horse to pull my car, mind you with feed and stable prob wouldnt work out that cheep. but i bet for 600 pound my kids could pay there friends to help push and i might get a little more than the 5.5 miles an hour they averaged this week.

i find this whole thing strange. they say steering lock is not comunicating and so car will not start. but as i explained to them one card went like this then the other two weeks later how can the steering lock be faulty for one card and not the other. they say both cards are faulty too. i said the car must have made them faulty or its a massive coincidance. they say you are unlucky. i say one card is new thats more than unlucky. ( ooh that reminds me i must sort out my car insurance) so anyway they are going to replace one card under warrenty. wow im so pleased that of the 5 keys (mag cards)ive paid 110 for ive got one free. now the new laguna is out with a different key card can someone please admit theese ones dont work arrrgghhh.

but this still doent explain how my original fault is steering lock, if its ok on one key and not the other for two weeks before other key fails suggests keys.

anyway i thought i'd share
ps if you have overweight children put them in my new training program called push start. it also helps reduce greenhouse gases saves fuel and energy compliments traffic calming builds team spirit and makes sure your kids will never follow in your miss shapen footsteps by buying a renault
Currently in dnash's garage:
y reg laguna II dynamic 1.8 petrol estate

Last edited by dnash; 8th April 2008 at 02:48 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by dnash
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
laguna II starting key immobiliser steering lock Electronics dnash 3 2949 8th April 2008 02:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome