Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 2.0 IDE engine problems !

View Single Post
post #72 of (permalink) Old 9th April 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Well I checked out everything on this thread before buying my '02 Laguna IDE and it checked out even during a test drive. Good idle etc...BUT........

Having driven it now a few days I have discovered a PROBLEM!!!
I didn't spot it during the test drive as I never revved it hard under load.

I have not seen similar threads on this problem so here goes:

There seems to be a big dead spot in the acceleration between 5000 and 5500RPM. In first gear accelerating, it slows/stutters at the dead spot but you can get past the dead spot and it revs happily to 6700RMP with lots of power.
In second gear it is much harder to get past the dead spot (sometimes it doesn't even - just wont go any higher than 5700RPM) and sometimes it goes past to rev ok to 6700RPM
In third gear it starts happening earlier at 4500 RPM and refuses to get past the 5500K mark like it is being completely limited. It is very strange. Same in 4th.

Fuel pump? MAF sensor? Help!!

I put some STP in today to see if that will help. Any ideas appreciated.

I've got a 3 month warranty on the car so want to get these issues ironed out ASAP but would like to know what is causing this fault so no repairer tries to fob me off!

Many thanks.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome