Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I'm taking my CBT on Monday !

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 10th April 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by wobbly spoon View Post
i get truly scared by anyone bypassing smaller bikes to jump onto something bigger ..five days training is nothing ...honestly mate there is absolutely no replacement for time spend riding and you should always start small ..i hate to say it to people who get excited about jumping onto a big machine, restricted or not, it takes years of riding to become highly skilled ...and highly skilled is what you need to be to survive. sorry to put a downer on it, but ive seen too much to sit back and say nowt.
I do mostly agree with you but 125's are not that good to get experiance on, something like the CB500's are good not to much power but enough, I used to teach learners and they all progresedd much better on the 500's than on the 125's. There is no substitute for experiance, thats why I still take extra training ROSPA Gold Standard I have to retest and train every 3 years .

The older I get the better I was, must be mad not got enough money to be excentric
Currently in pragmatix's garage:
Ford Mondeo Ghia X estate, Skoda Roomster 1.6 Alfa Mito1.4 veloce,Cervelo S2, Gaint Defy Advanced e
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome