Thread: door panel
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10th April 2008
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Hi if you are going down the road of just replacing one door for the other it is very simple but you will need two pairs of hands,all you need to do to take the old door off will be to disconnect the wiring loom at the door post and then loosen the main bolts on the hinges while the other person supports the door by taking the weight off the hinges when you are removing the bolts,iam not 100% how the loom unplugs at the door post i think you have to push the plastic clip up-wards and then pull it apart,when you are putting the new door on try and get it on in the right position before you tighten the main bolts up on the hinges so it is all in line and that the locks meet one another correctly and not hitting each other,when putting the door on if you get the hinges on the same place this should be easy to tell as when the old door came off it will leave marks on the post from where they were before so this will aid you to keep the door in line,i hope this helps Donald.

Oh sorry you will need to remove a few other bolts from the bar in the middle of the top and bottom hinges that stops the door from swinging too far out forgot what its called??i think all the bolts are torque style??but as i said once they are loosened and removed thats all you need to do,sorry about that i clean forgot lol cheers Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.

Last edited by Donald; 10th April 2008 at 07:36 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome