Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Stereo help needed...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Scenic Stereo help needed...

Hiya, I'm currently trying to fit a Phillips casette player (22DC449/62L) into my wife's Mk1 Scenic, but I'm getting nothing working, on the dash or on the stereo. Is there an easy way to test the stereo to see if it actually works? All the plugs are correct, the plug for the dash display is the long thin type, and the stereo plugs are all the normal ISO type.

One thing I did notice is the power ISO plug in the car has two pins less than the stereo. Pins 3 & 5 are on the stereo, but NOT on the plug in the car. These are (if I'm not mistaken) the pins for the phone mute, and the auto aeriel, both of which shouldn't prevent the stereo from powering up.

Or have I been bitten by the French gremlins again?

The stereo that was fitted was an aftermarket old Poineer thing, which still works when I plug it back in.

Can someone explain this, please, I'm going mental here.

Thanks in advance...
Currently in PaulDavies's garage:
Volvo 850 T5, XR3i Cabriolet, Scenic I
  5 Lastest Threads by PaulDavies
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic 1 - Keys Locked In Car*FIXED* Scenic widowmaker 21 14667 10th August 2008 12:50 PM
Scenic Stereo help needed... Electronics cph1984 8 1623 11th April 2008 09:38 AM
Parcel Shelf Question... Cars & motoring barry3844 1 849 17th January 2008 06:09 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome