Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic I: mid-HG replacement photos

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 11th April 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Is the part left over not part of the top engine mount.
Who knows? It appears to screw into something, and keeps something free of something else

If in doubt about the thermostat joint why not use some sealant on the joint to be sure - was there a joint there when you removed the old one.
Time was limited today: got to the factor for 8.30, waited until 8.34 for the first members of staff to turn up. Sadly they were the the spotty kids rather than the wizened old men. The QH stat genuinely doesn't ship with a seal, and I was fobbed off with something slightly too thick. Have reassembled the housing and it appears to be okay, but will keep a very close eye on it.

The diameter of the hose going to the map sensor is similar to windscreen washer pipe - is it possible to fit a screen washer "T" piece instead or glue the old one together. Many motor factors sell small diameter hose at around 2-3per metre.
The manifold inlet and 'other' hose are fatter that the rocker cover ventilation hose, and the t-piece reflects this. I'm sure I could and should have cobbled something together myself, though. I've just been in 'unquestioning car expense mode' for the last few days!
Currently in mojolicious's garage:
2001 Ford Focus 1.9TD(d)i Estate in the incredibly luxurious 'LX' trim :)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome