Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - My P Reg Clio has died on me!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
My P Reg Clio has died on me!

Hi all,

I own a P plate Clio and am having problems with it starting.

I went into hospital and didn't drive it for two weeks and when I went to start it I discovered it had a flat battery, as it's not the first time this has happened I thought a simple jump start would fix it. Tried to jump start it from my partners civic with no joy so we charged the battery up, re fitted it but still nothing.

We initially thought that it was a problem with the alarm system the previous owner had installed, it's a falcon predator evo4+2 which has a sensor on it that will alert you by making your key fob chime if someone gets too close to the car or sets of the alarm. I've spoken to the manufactures who have told me how to re set the alarm by turning the ignition on&off six times but this still dosen't work.

Off I went to halfords and bought a replacement battery that's in the car now incase this was the problem but I noticed today that the clock has stopped working and I can't turn any lights on or turn on the radio.

Has anyone any idea what could be wrong with the car??

Currently in LadyRisky's garage:
Turbocharged Civic Type R only when we go out and he wants to drink though!!!
  5 Lastest Threads by LadyRisky
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
My P Reg Clio has died on me! Electronics Truckbusuk 27 3145 11th April 2008 02:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome