Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average MPG from 1.9 DCi Engine

View Single Post
post #128 of (permalink) Old 11th April 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I wonder what the best motorway speed is for optimum fuel economy. I've only had my Lag II 1.9dCi for about six weeks and I've been experimenting a little on my 50 ml daily round trip to work. I'd say about 46 mls is motorway with a couple of miles on 'A' roads either end. I do a little bit of running around locally at the weekends too. I usually reset the trip data when I fill up.
I started off trying to keep it between 60-65mph for a week or two and was achieving around 48.5mpg. Once I started to drive it a little quicker, say 65-75mph, I'd say there was a slight increase in fuel economy - up to around 50.5mpg.
At the last fill up, some 250mls ago I stuck some of that 'Miller's Diesel Sport 4' additive in the tank and tried to keep at the same 65-75mph on my daily commute. The economy has risen to 52.3mpg.
Hammered it home tonight at 80-ish mph wherever possible and it's dropped by 1mpg.
It will be interesting to see what it is at the end of this tank full, but so far, I think the 'Millers' does have some effect!
Currently in jhiker's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome