Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane Engine Idling **Fixed**

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th December 2016 Thread Starter
DazWozUK

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Renault Megane Engine Idling **Fixed**

Hello there,

I am not mechanic and have always relied on my local garage but the current fault on my Megane has everyone stumped.

My car is a 2004 Renault Megane Dynamique 1.6 Petrol.

A couple of weeks ago when pulling away from some traffic lights I lost all engine power. RPM dropped to idle (1000 RPM) and my throttle was unresponsive. I put the car into neutral and it immediately cut out. after a restart all seemed to be ok. Then later that day the same thing happened again. So I took my car in and had the codes read. It had P0300 & P0340 codes. My mechanic suggested it was a faulty cam shaft sensor and replaced it. After a few hours the fault re appeared so he took the car back and warned me that it may be my cam belt. After inspecting the cam belt and dephasor and finding nothing wrong with any of them he suggested replacing the cam shaft sensor with an official Renault part as sometimes non manufacturer parts don't work as they should. this again made no difference at all. My car has been running with this fault for a week now and it has got a lot worse. My engine management light keeps lighting up, service is on. I have had the dash display injector fault. The car is constantly juddering and even cutting out and bump starting itself while I am on the motorway. My mechanic is telling me it may be the ECU in which case the car needs scrapping.

Has anyone ever had this issue and know of a solution to it?
Currently in DazWozUK's garage:
Renault Megane 1.6 2004 Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by DazWozUK
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Megane Engine Idling **Fixed** Engines DazWozUK 17 458 20th December 2016 12:48 PM

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome