Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 1.9dci initiale - about to buy, some q's pls

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 12th April 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
The turbo on my 55 plate 1.9 dCi went 'foom' recently (well it was more of a 'pweeeeeee') with 70K on the clock. Personally, I wouldn't touch a 1.9dCi of any description with a very long pole.

So if you're going for the pre-facelift, look out for a 2.2dCi. This is much less likely to give you expensive problems and should be easier to find in Initiale trim than the 1.9 anyway. If you're going for post-facelift, then try to get your mitts on the 2.0dCi, though I don't think that was available until late into the 55 registration year.

You can't fault the Initiale on toys: It beats the Mondeo in almost every respect, though I do like the 'seat cooling' feature that the higher spec Mondeos have. The quick clear windscreen didn't even become an option on the diesel Lags until late 2005/early 2006, so that's another area where a higher spec Mondy probably wins.

Buying with my heart, I'd have the Laguna. Buying with my head, I'd probably have the Mondeo. To be honest, I think I'd still go with my heart.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome