Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Twingo - Gearbox Noise*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 14th April 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by Twingojsh View Post
Well i cannot do anything further until this wednesday when i have a meeting with the senior after sales manager of the dealer group concerned, If the answer that i get on wednesday is not satisfactory then i shall be looking to take the matter further!

The only thing i will say is that i wouldn't be happy to pay a penny towards a replacement car if it goes that far as i feel the car is not right and they have done nowt to try and resolve the matter!!!!

Have you tried an independent report by AA/RAC or some other organisation.

Very difficult to reject a car as not fit for purpose if no one other than yourself can hear a noise/fault with the car.

If the car is on finance have you contacted the finance company ?

I have succesfully rejected 2 cars in the past as not fit for purpose but they had known faults that the manufacturer could not resolve, It is a long drawn out process and most manufacturers do drag their feet.

I stopped using the cars once I started the process.

Can't really reject a car by saying it is not fit for purpose then put several thousand miles on the clock in the process.

You need to gather all your info, Times, dates who you have spoken with etc.

Dealerships/Manufacturers will buy cars back but there is usually some financial loss to the customer .

Keep us posted on how you get on.

We are here to help if we can

Last edited by ottoman; 14th April 2008 at 05:06 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome