Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 98 model - rear lights / indicator problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
98 model - rear lights / indicator problem

Hi Folks,

I'm having some bother with the nearside rear indicator / taillight unit on my Megane.

I have read some of the posts about the earthing problem causing the indicator to flash then stop when the brakes are on and thought at first that was also my problem- however - I have taken out the bulb holder unit, cleaned it with abrasive paper, WD 40'd it and put it back together. I have also disconnected the two earth wires bolted to the back panel inside the boot and done the same but the problem is still there.

When I put the left indicator on the taillight bulb and brakelight bulb also flash at the same time as the indicator! When I put my foot on the brake pedal, the indicator flashes at double the speed and the other lights do an impersonation of the Blackpool illuminations. This only affects the rear nearside lights - all other are OK. Does anyone know if this is all linked to a faulty earth lead - or is it something else? I would be happy to replace the bulb holder unit if I thought that would help.
Currently in Macphil's garage:
Renault Scenic 1.6 RT Sport (2000)
  5 Lastest Threads by Macphil
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Newbie returns Welcome to RenaultForums dave_mezza2006 2 594 9th January 2012 11:14 PM
The Ducks Jokes & funny stuff wobbly spoon 1 614 2nd May 2008 12:57 AM
Visiting Grandpa Jokes & funny stuff harveydally 1 679 25th April 2008 11:46 PM
Trying to get your car up ramps? Cars & motoring Tiggerz_SRi 16 2267 22nd April 2008 11:04 PM
1998 - no blow from the fan Electronics delboy69 1 851 15th April 2008 11:09 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome