Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane - Clicking sound from the AC box.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane - Clicking sound from the AC box.

Hi there ppl,

I am writing for behalf of a friend from work.

Basically my friend has a Megane 1.6e RT (i believe this is the megane 1 model) and there is this plastic clicking sound coming from the AC box (the box which sits underneath the plastic raintray and is connected directly to the pipe in which you top up the AC gas).

The clicking noise sounds like if the valve which allows in the AC is trying to open or close more then it should be allowed & is catching itself on something inside of the box.

This sound can be heard when you switch on the ignition without starting the engine & this noise will become more frequent & louder when the engine is running & the AC is switched on (the AC works as normal according to my friend, without any changes in speed of the air coming through the vents and temp.)

My first guess would be that the box itself is just stuffed & a new one is required, but my other friend who had a glance as well with me (who is a semi-pro mechanic) reckoned this maybe the relay box/fuse may have gone, causing the valve to react like this. But as my friend & I are not really that experienced in the AC area of a car, we could really do with some advice from the people who know about Renaults & AC.

So if anyone has experienced this themselves & knows how this can be sorted, any help would be mostly appreciated. As I live in Spain & I wouldn't like my friend to take it to the garage & have his pants pulled down by some grease monkey saying that he needs a new engine!

Many thanks again for any help.
  5 Lastest Threads by grinny20800
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane - Clicking sound from the AC box. Electronics martin999 5 1482 15th April 2008 08:13 PM
Renault Megane 1 - Clicking Noise From Heater Heating & cooling grinny20800 2 3751 15th April 2008 08:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome