Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1998 - no blow from the fan

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Folks,

Having got my left indicator problem sorted out - thanks to Bob 925 - I am now looking for some help with the other problem I have at present. Mine is a 1998 1.6e RT Alize with air-con and the blower for air into the cabin doesn't work at all. I have heard of some only working on the 4th speed - but mine is totally dead (includes the 'other side' for recirculating air). The air con appears to work since the light comes on and there is a slight increase in revs but, because the blower won't work, no air comes out! There is warm and cold air coming in when the vents are open so it's heating / cooling OK.
I spoke to the mechanic who works on my cars and he suggested that the fuse may have blown because of a blocked pollen filter so I removed the cover, opened the pollen filter box and.... no filter inside! I have now replaced the filter element and checked the fuse (second up and second in from the right according to the diagram in the fuse cover). Fuse seems OK and I have taken the switch panel out of the dash and the cables are attached OK and the multiplug connector is a good fit.
I am thinking it could be the rotary switch itself that is faulty but I don't know how I could check it. I had thought of taking the switch out of my 1998 Scenic - but it doesn't have air-con so the switch gear is probably different.
At the moment this is the only problem with the car and I am perfectly happy with it otherwise, but the windows misting up inside can be dangerous and I am keen to get it sorted out.
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome.
Currently in Macphil's garage:
Renault Scenic 1.6 RT Sport (2000)

Last edited by Macphil; 18th April 2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: should have been under 'heating' rather than 'electronics'
  5 Lastest Threads by Macphil
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Newbie returns Welcome to RenaultForums dave_mezza2006 2 594 9th January 2012 11:14 PM
The Ducks Jokes & funny stuff wobbly spoon 1 614 2nd May 2008 12:57 AM
Visiting Grandpa Jokes & funny stuff harveydally 1 679 25th April 2008 11:46 PM
Trying to get your car up ramps? Cars & motoring Tiggerz_SRi 16 2267 22nd April 2008 11:04 PM
1998 - no blow from the fan Electronics delboy69 1 850 15th April 2008 11:09 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome