Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Brake change DIY and cheap parts

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Brake change DIY and cheap parts

Hi all, just joined the forum as I've just bought a 26k 2005/05 Grand Scenic Privilege 2.0 VVT Auto at a BCA auction. The car didn't break down on the 50mile drive back so, so far so good

I've got the following questions:

- Is the service interval 18k or 12month (whichever comes first)? The car was last service 12 months ago but only done 6k in that time...

- How much should I expect to pay for an annual service at the dealership?

- I want to replace the brake pads/discs myself. Where is the cheapest place to buy them (OEM quality is fine)? I've tried ebay , GSF and ECP...any other suggestion?

- Do Grand Scenics come with pad wear sensors?

- How do I tell whether my car comes with tyre pressure sensors?

- I want to put rear parking sensors but have no idea how to get the wires into the boot interior. anyone suggest a specific location?

- Do caliper pistons have to be rewound back using a special tool, or a simple C-clamp do the job?

- Do you need any special tool to do the pads/discs swap yourself?

- What is the correct oil grade for my engine? is 10-30w OK?

I appreciate that a lot of these are noted in the manual but I'd thought I get advice from you guys first.
Thanks in advance!
Currently in shininghero's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic 2.0 VVT Privilege
  5 Lastest Threads by shininghero
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How to replace front wing 2005 Grand Scenic? Bodywork VelSatisfied 2 3194 4th July 2011 04:03 PM
Faulty central locking button on Grand Scenic II Electronics shininghero 3 3059 4th June 2011 11:52 PM
Brake change DIY and cheap parts Cars & motoring Bob925 1 992 16th April 2008 09:58 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome