Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric Window Problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th April 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Electric Window Problem

2003 Laguna

This may not be the best place for this question, but seemed the most sensible out of the lot.

The front passenger window today made a horrific grinding/grating noise when being wound down and then I had a fight with it to get it back up as not only was it still grinding/grating but would go up 1 inch and come back down 1/2 inch so took a while.

Any way, it is now fully closed and seems secure.

I called the dealer who can't see me for ages so I asked what the likelyhood of it just falling open of it's own accord was. They said that there was a cable inside, and as long as that was not damaged then it would stay put even if the cogs etc inside were badly damaged.

Is this true? The weather here is terrible right now and I don't want it falling open when I am not near it and filling with rain or worse attracting unwanted attention.

I thought about putting some duct tape on the outside over the metal and glass just to hold it in case but it could damage the paint and rubber so only want to do that as a last resort as it might draw attention to it for passing thieves etc as well.

I have just done about 50 miles in it and the window is solid (even with a passenger getting in and out closing the door etc.), and I can't hear anything wrattling around inside. I can get away without using the car for a few days so if it will stay up then I won't worry.
Currently in KeyRenRF3's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 2.0 IDE Initiale (Petrol, Manual)

Last edited by KeyRenRF3; 17th April 2008 at 12:47 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by KeyRenRF3
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Door Handle Not Flush Bodywork liddy 3 1716 1st February 2010 01:19 PM
Warnings and Faults Engines KeyRenRF3 5 2179 5th January 2010 09:58 AM
Snapped Bumper Trim Bodywork VelSatisfied 3 1543 2nd November 2009 08:04 AM
Whine When Coasting Engines madnoel10 9 1996 10th February 2009 04:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome