Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric Window Problem

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 17th April 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

What the garage said (over the phone so they didn't actually have a look or hear it) was that it sounded like the gears/cogs had gone.

They said it the actual cable was not damaged then it would keep the window up still until a repair could be completed.

The cost is not an issue TBH as it's on an extended warranty and I cannot conceive that this is not covered - the problem is I can't get the work done for a short time so have to live with what I have.

I assume that there are cogs/teeth on each side of the window and the chances of both sides being chewed up are slim?

The window did wind up and hasn't fallen back down - it seems firmly up. My worry is will it stay up. I don't want to park up for work and leave the car all day (in a very public place) and come back to find it dropped 10 minutes after I left it.

Like I said, I don't want to put duct tape on unless it's as a last resort as it will draw attention to it. I think it will definately do the job as it's strong, but any passing chance thief will know I have a dodgy window.

What is everyone's opinion. If the whole mechanism had failed, should I expect the window to have fallen down by now, or at least seem "loose"? Because it hasn't/doesn't so from that I assume that if I keep driving to a minimum so as not to disturb it that it "should" stay wound up?

I have never had the door panels off so don't know how to or what is involved, so don't really want to start trying (not to mention that I simply don't have the time) And am worried that taking it off and messing with it could make the window more unstable than it could already be.
Currently in KeyRenRF3's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 2.0 IDE Initiale (Petrol, Manual)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome