Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Electronics - Panoramic roof malfunction *Fixed*

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 17th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I agree Mojo! Another thing that annoys me about the Scenic (now you've started me off again....!!) is the infernal automatic windscreen wipers, which I detest! They come on (totally unnecessarily) at the slightest hint of dampness, then suddenly change up to high speed presumably just because one wee drop of water hits the right spot on the sensor, then slow down just when you don't want them to.... aaargh!

I much prefer a simple off/regular intermittent/slow/fast arrangement just like the old days, where the driver had total control over the wipers!There isn't a huge amount of effort involved in flicking a switch, is there?

My other car is an 18-year-old Mazda MX-5 (actually a Japanese Eunos to be exact) with manual everything, and which cost me literally one eighth of the price of the Scenic to buy, has proved to be more reliable than the Scenic, despite being 15 years older - and no prizes for guessing which car I prefer to drive!

Whew. Rant over.
Currently in AuldNick's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.6 petrol; 1989 Mazda Eunos Roadster (MX-5)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome