Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - megane convertible immobiliser problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
megane convertible immobiliser problem

Hi hope someone can help, i recently bought off ebay a r reg megane with a faullty gear box, when I viewed the car the guy started it for me and the engine sounded sweet and i bought it.
after doing all the work to the car, new gear box clutch starter battery engine mounts etc etc I found that the car wouldnt start or operate the central locking, the key looked a bit naff button wise so I ordered one off ebay only to use the plastic parts I also resoldered the led back onto the board built it all up and tried it on the car at first it wouldn't work and then suddenly it did it locked and unlocked the car several times and then ,,,,,,stopped I then sussed that it had the wrong battery installed one fat one instead of 2 slim 2016's so i placed in 2 new batteries thinking that this would cure it as it was obvious the ir remote is 6v and still it wont operate the doors.
I have tested the key looking through my mobile phone and i can see 2 purple blips come out of it when i press the button.
I have looked at the circuit board for the ir reciever and it looks perfect no corosion or dry terminals
so the question I like to ask you guys is ,,,can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this problem
regards chris
Currently in chriswynn's garage:
325 ci m sport
  5 Lastest Threads by chriswynn
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
which oil for my soft top?? Bodywork fobskid 4 1134 28th April 2008 06:53 PM
IR reciever swap Electronics chriswynn 2 913 26th April 2008 06:20 PM
megane starter motor fitting Engines chriswynn 1 4938 20th April 2008 07:23 PM
megane convertible immobiliser problem Electronics chriswynn 8 3154 17th April 2008 06:54 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome