Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric Window Repair Kit

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 17th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
In many cases of duff electric regulators I've worked at I have found the plastic pulleys badly worn or damaged. As far as I know the kit on Ebay doesn't include pulleys - so it may be prudent to check them first. 20 is a third the cost of the complete mechanism - minus motor
umm.. I havnt checked the pulleys yet but i did notice a stray spring laying in the bottom of the door when i took the card off, that doesnt sound good does it.

This is the item i was looking at and no it doesnt appear to contain any puleys.

Originally Posted by keithmdw
My front passenger window failed today (Electric Window Problem) and just wondered if yours stayed firmly up of it's own accord or not after.
Mine has stayed up thankfully but from what ive read it seems that it will stay up depending on which cable has snapped. ie if its the down cable that snapped then ur ok but if its the up cable then say bye bye to your audio equipment. Or you could take the card off and wedge it shut just to be on the safe side.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome