Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Alarm problem - cannot be set and cannot lock car with key fob

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 17th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hello, I don't know what was wrong first time I checked the bonnet switches but after another nights sleep I decided to go through checks again very carefully and discovered that one of the bonnet switches was not in fact being pressed down reliably, in fact pressing the bonnet down probably about a miliimeter made the difference and probably also accounted for the fact that the alarm had set and went off after 15 minutes the very first time. Anyway I glued (with evo stick - flexible rubber glue) a small rubber tap washer which is about 3mm thick and seemed ideal for the job under the bonnet where the switch would make contact with the bonnet and thats sorted the problem. A week on and evertythings working ok now as it used to be. Probably during my long journey I must had gone over some bumpy road that must have affected the bonnet ever so slightly such that it no longer reliably pressed the switch down anymore. Phew! glad I didn't end up having to take it into Renault dealers, hate to think what they would have charged to diagnose problem and fix. Anyway I hope my experience helps you in some way - good luck!
Currently in jahtel's garage:
1999 Renault Laguna Exec
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome