Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - megane convertible immobiliser problem

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 18th April 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Originally Posted by chriswynn View Post
jamie i have found 2 codes generated (both different because i have 2 white stickers in my fob)
my car is a 1.6 e "r" reg 1998 convertible megane with the central locking button in the center of the dash .
so now I am armed with two sets of numbers a fully charged battery and new batteries in my remote, please talk me through the procedure as it would be gratefully apreciated
Don't know if it is entirely legal on here, but we will find out ! Turn on ignition, Make sure the LED is flashing quickly,if you press and hold the central locking button(either side, doesn't matter) it will slow the LED down. Allow it to flash the corresponding amount to your first digit(ie if your first digit is 4, count 4 flashes) then let go, press again and repeat for 2nd digit, and 3rd , and 4th( you following) If the code is correct the LED will go solid,( dis-arming immobiliser allowing engine start up.) Now to make the key work, don't start engine. When LED is solid remove key from ignition and hold central lock button until vehicle locks and unlocks itself, then press key fob 3 times. If key is good central locking wil work via key.
Let me know if this ok or you have any problems with my explanation
Currently in jaime1980's garage:
Clio III DCI 86bhp
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome