Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - window regulator*Fixed under warranty*

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 19th April 2008
doug d
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

As mentioned in the "regulator brackets on ebay " thread Renault are now able to supply replacement brackets to repair the most frequent failure mode of the window regulator assembly. The new ones are much stronger, with a metal insert moulded into the nylon body.

But unfortunately, the parts catalogue door assembly page hasn't been updated to show the bracket as a separate spareable item, hence the first reponse from the 2 parts departments I talked to today was "no - can only supply the full regulator assembly."

Getting them to dig out the tech note on the failures, revealed the bracket (would be better named as the sliding bracket) can be replaced, and I then even managed to convince them to look at the tech note to identify the replacement part number!

For the rear windows , the two brackets (both sides of car) are supplied under part number 7701209366 for 3.04 inc VAT. Took about 1/2 hour to strip cover / replace bracket / refit door.

Left the parts dept bloke looking a a bit guilty - he admitted hed sold 3 full regulator assemblies in the last week alone to fix this fault. Using the 3 (sorry 1.50 a side) part and own labour just saved me the 200+ the others owners had paid each.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome