Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Twingo - Gearbox Noise*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 19th April 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by Twingojsh View Post
Ok a quick update on the situation so far, went to the dealer yesterday (16/4/08) and met the senior aftersales manager, did a back to back demo again but with another Twingo (1.2 Gt 1,907 miles 08 plate), no noise on theirs but noise on my which he heard.

He has now admitted a noise exists and currently my poor twingo is undergoing an operation to have its gearbox removed and a possible replacement clutch release bearing
to be fitted in the best case. Worst case could be replacement box altogether as they are in constant contact in the removal process with the Renault tech dept and the senior tech guy from the dealer! Reason for that is that they think as a outside possibility of a input shaft noise.

At the end of the day its nice to have a positive post to put on this forum rather than lots of negatives that i have put on so far
Good news Twingojsh.

Lets hope they get to the bottom of the problem.

Check the car over very carefully when you get it back.

Do not take the car back if you are not happy with the work carried out, Go out in a test drive with an RTE .

Any marks or damage do not take the car back until it is rectified and report it to Renault Customer Services .

Have you a contact name at RCS who has being dealing with your problem ?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome