Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grand Scenic II - Spare Wheel Support holder fitting info

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Grand Scenic II - Spare Wheel Support holder fitting info

Here is all the information you will need to buy and fit the winch that holds the spare wheel under the boot floor.

This requires little expertise to fit and only a 10mm spanner/socket & ratchet. I was going to take pictures of the stages but i think this site covers any view you may need for guidance.

There are 3 parts needed

Holder/winch (Main part) ref: 8200 714 128 - 156.17
Plastic Guide ref: 8200 392 114 - 8.18
nuts (3 needed) ref: 7703 033 132 - 84p each

with vat the total is 168.74 (Prices on 19th April 2008)

These were ordered from Local Renault main dealer, i did try and find these parts at scrapyards and online breakers but with no joy.

Once the parts have been obtained you need to lift the right side seat out of the floor, just behind the seat you will find a small flap in the carpet, peel it back and it should reveal a rubber grommet, remove this. If you can raise the back of the vehicle off the ground by a few inches this will help you work under the back. I used some planks of wood that i reversed onto (Make sure its safe before you climb underneath) with the vehicle raised locate the 3 studs/bolts sticking down from the underside (if these look rusty rub some oil on them it will help doing the nuts up) offer the winch/support up to the bolts and use 2 of the nuts to fix the back 2 fixings, then slide the Plastic guide onto the last bolt (on top of the winch fixing) i think this only fits one way (use the pics on the above site for guidance) then do all the nuts up tight. That is basically it, a job that takes 30-60 mins. You can then from inside the boot lower the winch to pull up your spare.

I managed to win a ebay auction for a brand new megane steel wheel with new tyre 205/16/55 for under 30 (Including delivery) this wheel hangs the same distance to the ground as the rear exhaust box.

Hope this helps others out.
Currently in Babey's garage:
2004 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9dCi Privilege VF1JM0GD
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Babey For This Useful Post:
BehnK (21st May 2016), stevehk (6th May 2015)
  5 Lastest Threads by Babey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2004 Scenic II passenger drive shaft help Transmissions whizzy41 1 1356 23rd October 2012 08:33 PM
Grand Scenic 1.9 Diesel 'Injection warning' light Engines abdr1 1 1908 14th June 2008 05:44 PM
Renault Grand Scenic II - Spare Wheel Support... Scenic ikorir 6 22635 19th April 2008 08:21 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome