Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Spark Plug Type - 2.0 IDE Laguna 2002

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 29th March 2006
ide man
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
ide man

I have been looking into this
My car I believe was given an upgrade when it was serviced by renault on the injection software maybe a renault dealer mechanic on this forum site can comfirm .
Maybe Renault have got away with out a recall as I do have the same engine as you and I am not lying I presumed it was a recall as I did not have to pay for it .
Mushroom a member of this forum has also made mention of an upgrade for this engine . |Search under Ba baracusse or lumpy idle he seemed to have the same fault it was his oxygen to fuel mix cheap repair .
Its hard to be 100% correct without looking at your car myself ask the garage to do a live run with your vehicle .

Hope this has helped I still feel you have plenty of miles left in the engine and its just a sensor . Your mpg will rise if it is this problem .I got 38 mpg on a motorway run traveling to penrith doing between 70- 80mph not bad for a petrol engine long live the ide

ide man
Currently in ide man's garage:
03 laguna initiale 2ltr ide
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome