Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hands-free Laguna forgets to lock itself

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 29th March 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Well I've swapped the battery, and it seems to have made absolutely no improvement to the range of the remote, so I reckon the original one was still in pretty good shape. I certainly hadn't seen any messages on the dash.

It hasn't done it since, but then it's only done it twice in the five months I've had the car, and I only swapped the battery last week. The problem with these things is that you can never be 100% sure that the problem has gone away - you can only be 100% sure that it hasn't.

In a separate incident though, I sat down in the driver's seat and the doors all locked. It makes me wonder if the buttons on the card are being pressed while in my pocket, which could explain the other problems too. I do also occasionally have situations where the car insists on me inserting the card in the slot (the slot flashes red.) Sometimes persistence in stabbing the 'start' button will make it reconsider its stance, but on a couple of occasions, I've had to put the card in the slot to get the engine to start.

But it's amazing how quickly you take this system for granted, and how much you miss it when you get to use a car that doesn't have it. I walked back to my rental Focus today, arms loaded with shopping, and had to go digging for my keys to unlock the car. I wouldn't have thought twice about it before, but it really bugged me.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome