Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - megane convertible immobiliser problem

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 21st April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
one of you very clever people out there must be able to help on this one
my key fob still doesn't work but i have since through this site sussed out the 4 digit code to start my car up

the details are as follows,, its a 1998 megane 1.6 convertible when i bought the car the key was a bit wrecked so i got another and resoldered the led back onto the board and fitted new batteries, at first the fob wouldn't work but then it started for around 5 minutes and then stopped again.
it has a new battery fitted to the car and the ir reciever is in ex condition no corrosion anywhere!!
when i look at the key fob through a mobile phone i can clearly see two purple blips come out of the led,,, oh and the key is a one button type.

so my problem is my fob wont work my central locking and when i use the key to gain access the green indicator lights on the dash flash and even when i enter the 4 digit code and start the engine the indicator lights on the dash still flash

so come on there must be someone on this site who can show off here and tell me where to look
Currently in chriswynn's garage:
325 ci m sport
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome