Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Twingo - Gearbox Noise*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 21st April 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by Twingojsh View Post
Hi all forum users, another update on the ongoing situation with my Twingo, spoke to the senior aftersales guy on friday and some rather interesting news has been given to me.

The news was that the gearbox was out the car and the RTE had inspected both the release bearing and the input shaft and bearing, both found to be totally fine, the interesting news came in the shape of that that the clutch is the suspected root of the problem.

On the Clutch plate itself it has 4 springs, 2 of which are loose! quite a worry as the car has only done 2,00 miles, anyhoo the dealer has now ordered another clutch (disc and plate) and will inspect once arrives with them(hopefully 21/4/08 if not before), once the inspection has been carried out by the RTE and he is happy to say that is ok, the task of reassembly and get the pocket rocket back on its rightful place, on the road giving me and my partner some good times on our travels

Thanks for keeping us updated Twigojsh.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome