Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Check strap question please

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd April 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Check strap question please

Hi, apart from stopping the door swing all the way back what other purpose does the check strap have?
The reason I ask, mine was making a clicking noise on the drivers door and although not broken it was really starting to annoy me. So I have had it replaced back at the dealers and it now sounds fine, BUT the door now shuts very very tight to the dashboard and I am sure that was not the case before. I cant even get a piece of paper between the door and the dash when the door is shut and although it looks good and neat the plastics etc are obviously rubbing when I go over bumps etc causing another annoying noise. Previous to this the car was rattle and noise free. I am taking it back to the dealers next week to have it checked but so that I don't look completely daft, does the strap have adjustment allowing movement of the door etc?
Does anybody know?
Thanks in advance
Currently in VEL SATISfied's garage:
Renault Laguna Sport Tourer GT Line Tomton 2.0Dci
  5 Lastest Threads by VEL SATISfied
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Nexen or Uniroyal tyres? Wheels & tyres Ralph 13 1419 4th July 2015 09:46 PM
What Turbo Type M9R Engines VEL SATISfied 3 1077 5th September 2014 09:56 AM
Steering wheel illumination Interiors VEL SATISfied 8 1214 17th July 2014 07:21 AM
Back to a 2 Renault family again General Chat Phil48 4 611 28th June 2014 09:31 PM
Laguna 3 estate 3rd brake light Electronics VEL SATISfied 5 2119 22nd June 2014 03:08 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome