Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Cold Heater*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Renault Scenic 1 - Cold Heater*FIXED*

I just bought my 1999 1.6 Alize on Saturday and did all the relevant checks before agreeing a deal. However, it turned rather chilly whilst driving round the M25 so on came the heater.....or rather on came the gloves.
The one and only thing I didnt do was check the heater! Not even a slight warm breeze, just cold.

So onto the Net where I found this site. After suspecting the worst and thinking it was a 600 dash out job to replace the matrix, I began to read some of the fantastic threads on this site.

So off to B&Q for some acidic Brick Cleaner, off with the matrix hoses and gave the thing a good flush after a night soaking away. This removed a small amount of brown stuff but flow through the matrix was good which gave me hope. Unfortunately still no heat, so back here for some more research.

Bingo! I replaced the thermostat, thoroughly and slowly bled the system a about chestnuts roasting by an open fire! Sorted!

Thanks to everyone concerned for such an informative site and to the people who share their car related problems. I am sure this place will become an even better friend over the coming months.

Sorry Jeff, I just gave you negative Reputation when I meant to give you Positive, don't worry it will soon be sorted. Done !
Currently in Jeffsalize's garage:
My wife mad

Last edited by davesss; 28th April 2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Apoligies to Jeff.
  5 Lastest Threads by Jeffsalize
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic 1 - Cold Heater*FIXED* Scenic N7Qauto 5 3061 22nd April 2008 06:00 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome