Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Twingo - Gearbox Noise*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #53 of (permalink) Old 23rd April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hello again, another update for you all, and one which is making the plot thicken even further!

Dealer received replacement clutch from Renault early hours of today (23/4/08)and found that the replacement part is exactly the same as the one that has come out of the car i.e 2 springs out of 4 are loose. Contact was made to Renault Technical to inform them of the findings and the the answer from them now is to replace the whole gearbox assembly!

Replacement gearbox has been ordered and now have to await delivery, could be up to five days to receive it.

However there is a silver lining to the whole affair, the sales manager who has been involved in the matter saw the car on the ramp at the service dept earlier and noticed the dent (courtesy of my neighbours recycling bin that got blown over in the winds in march)and has said that he will get in removed by his Paintless dent removal guy, at no cost to myself, I think that is a good gesture in the circumstances.
Currently in Twingojsh's garage:
2008 Twingo GT TCE, Extreme Blue with Chequred flags on doors
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome