Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Need A New Key Cheap Look Here !!!

View Single Post
post #78 of (permalink) Old 23rd April 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by stuzefrenchwheels
My question remains unanswered but..... The bulb is the device which triggers the unlocking of the car when the key fob is pointed at the sensor. The light in the end does act like a TV Remote. Thing is, when you put a key in the ignition, you don't have to press the button on the key fob. Its surely just the metal key end that meshes with the tumblers and recognises the right key for the right lock. So, with my blank key cut to match my existing key it should start the ignition. or unlock the car if put in the Drivers door. Correct me on this point please Mr Locksmith?

Funny old site this.
Button on the key unlocks the car and /or talks to immobaliser, depending on year and model.
put key into ign and turn to position 1, transponder in key shakes hands with ecu ect.. ect.. car starts.
just a blade will unlock car but not talk to the anti theft systems on the car.
whats the average age on here. As said earlier by not sure who. You do not have to go to dealer for keys (as others can also generate keys even if all are lost) and simpsons are usually dearer and have less experiance than locksmiths.
Currently in ponsaloti's garage:
fiat ducato locksmiths van
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome