Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Twingo - Gearbox Noise*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #58 of (permalink) Old 24th April 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Twingojsh View Post
Well if the problem was well publicised and as you say in other posts, that Watchdog had got hold of the problem, how come you face a bill of 850 to get it sorted?

The last Renault problem that Watchdog got hold of was the Clio 2 bonnet catch, which renault actually sent out recall notices for, as i used to own a clio that was sent a recall notice, i never heard anything about lagunas!
The "well publicised" comment refers to this forum (including an FAQ), whereby some owners have encountered 'the fault' with no apparent fix, other than replacing the dash, which seems OTT for a computer fault.

I wrote to Watchdog on the back of a feature the other week on Ford Focus dashboard problems, explaining that a similar problem was evident on Renault Lagunas. I thought it might be a good idea if other Lag owners also wrote in, hoping that the wider publicity might stimulate some form of investigation by Watchdog but the evidence so far (i.e. little response to my post) would suggest that either owners are happy to swallow the 850 to replace the dash, or the fault is not so widespread as first indicated.

I guess that unless Renault accept that there is a basic design fault with their on board computer on Lagunas, they wont do anything to help - that's the line given to me by Renault UK and local dealer. It would be different if this was a safety issue!!
Currently in oldacorn's garage:
2002 Laguna II 1.9dCi Priviledge Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome