Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault dealer moan!!!!! help!!!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
renault dealer moan!!!!! help!!!!!

hi guys, i know im quite new on here but......
first i am going to have a moan about , i have never had a good experience with them,
i bought my first car around 3 1/2 yeasrs ago from , it was a 99 scenic, very nice car, but, when i seen the car it had a dent on the rear and was due a timing belt, the sales man told me to give it a week and all the jobs would be done for me, and the car would have had a ful valet. a week passed and i went to pick up our new car.
the dent was still there and the car have not been cleaned, but the salesman assured me that the car had a new timing belt. i had sold my other car and needed a car, so i took the car away. about a week later the car went in for a full valet and did come back looking rather smart but still with the i let it go because i liked the car and the dent was not that bad. about a year later i heard a strange noise from the timing belt area, and guess what, the belt looked a hell of alot older than a year. so i swore i would not go back to sir .
but you guessed it, about 2 1/2 years later me and my wife were out shopping and said we would pop into for a look, it was just a look and we said we were not going into buy a car, but we seen a 2004 grand scenic, and we both liked it, we spoke to a salesman and said we would maybe go back later,
so we went to another garage again just for a look. as soon as we got there a salesman was by our side,
we said we were just looking and that was fine but he would walk around with us as he was quiet, there was not a car we seen that we liked, so i mentioned that i had seen the 2004 grand scenic in another branch.
so we went for a cuppa and done a deal for that car, both myself and my wife were very happy with the deal and we both really liked the look of our new car.
i told him it would be around 10 days before i could collect it and he said that was fine. the day before i was due to collect our new car i got a phone call from the salesman, he said there was a slight problem with our new car, oops its been bumped i thought, no i was wrong, it had been sold to somebody else and that they had already taken delivery of their/my new car.
so after a fight i got my deposit back and a letter from head office saying sorry, ( alot of good that done us)
so again i said never will i step foot in again.
we went to just south of newcastle (from glasgow) to see a car,(2005 grand scenic) and it was better than the one i had thought i had already bought, and almost 2000 cheaper. i done a deal and asked if they could keep the car to the end of the month, true to their word they did and everything went smooth, overall it was a great service and i would buy from them again.
now i am getting to the whole point of this thread.......
our new car was still under manufacters warranty
and you guessed it again, my local renault dealers are .
but i thought i'm not buying a car from them, they are only going to do any warranty repairs....
my first visit was fine, with only the radio buttons not working and the electric window switch also not working.
ok i thought, that was fine. maybe they just cant sell cars.
but then i devoled a problem, cold morning starts and stuttering, i thought poulie dephaser, they had the car 2 days and no fault found.
i booked the car in again and not fault found again..
so i spoke to renault uk, they booked my car in for a week and yet still no fault.
the man on the desk did not know what he was talking about when i went to pick up the car and tried to flannal me with jargon. ( but i am a mechanic and have been in the trade since i was 15 years old)(yes 15 years old)
i thought i was fighting a losing battle and went and fixed the car myself. it was only the throttle body needing cleaned out and reset using the diagnostic equipment.
but now my M.O.T. is due in the next few weeks and that means my warranty is also up. so i preped the car for its M.O.T. with a full service and new disks and pads all round, but there is play in the near side steering rack.
i dropped the car off for them to do this, but when i went to collect the car, guess what???????
NO FAULT FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i said if they would like to M.O.T. the car for me would it pass? they said yes, i said would it be ok if my car passed with them if i went to the ministry of transport, and i was told do what ever you want.....
i later that day called the branch manager and asked him what his thoughts were, if i take my car to another garage for an M.O.T. and it fails would they then do the work under warranty? he said no...............
well i would like to thank you for reading my very long thread,
and hope no one ever has to deal with .
so if you have read all this, has anyone ever had the same or similar experence?
any help or thought's on this would be great.........
why am i not allowed to say A. C lark?????
Currently in bluescott's garage:
2005 grand scenic 1.6

Last edited by bluescott; 24th April 2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Post edited to comply with forum 'naming and shaming' policy
  5 Lastest Threads by bluescott
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
renault dealer moan!!!!! help!!!!! Cars & motoring ottoman 1 714 24th April 2008 07:37 PM
2005 Grand Scenic Problems Engines bluescott 4 974 13th November 2007 07:24 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome