Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - New Turbo,No Boost*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Laguna 2 - New Turbo,No Boost*FIXED*

Ok a week ago the turbo died. It did the whole oil through the intake thing so I had to stall the car on the hard shoulder of the motorway. Luckily only lost about 1/3 to 1/2 of the oil and the motor runs fine now with the new turbo .
BUT........ It has now got no real power and I put some of this down to oil all over the cat. But it feels like there is almost no boost and the coil / fault light comes on intermittently when I accelerate so I have to assume it is not the EGR or air flow sensors as it is OK at a constant speed. Any suggestions on where to look. I will look at the vaccum pipe in the morning to see if that is connected or crimped/trapped on anything so the waste gate is stuck open. It will be awkward as I have the RX4 but any of the 1.9 DCI motors can I think have the same problem so if anyone had a similar problem please give me some suggestions.

Thanks in advance guys......
Currently in morepower's garage:
2000 Scenic RX4
  5 Lastest Threads by morepower
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
DCi 1.9 Starting problem. Odd one! Engines Lagdti 1 856 29th July 2008 09:14 AM
Buying a new turbo. Caution. Engines Mike11 3 1192 7th May 2008 07:39 PM
Renault Laguna 2 - New Turbo,No Boost*FIXED* Laguna morepower 8 3837 26th April 2008 11:04 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome