Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane scenic '04 plate alarm problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane scenic '04 plate alarm problem

Hi Folks,

Wondering if anyone can help out here.

My mother in law has a megan scenic diesel '04 plate. The alarm intermittantly goes off by itself, and she asked me to take a look. Has been doing it for a while, but in 2 weeks she is moving to a high rise flat, so if it goes of in the car park there, she faces a bit of a trip down the lift to the car park to switch it off!

What I can say is that I have asked here to disable the interior sensors when she leaves the car, but she says it still goes off. I have covered the rear sensors in insulating tape. I have fitted a pad to the underside of bonnet to increase the travel on the pin switch there, but all to no avail. I can also say that after the alarm has sounded, upon unlocking the car, it beeps 4 times, and only seems to do this if the alarm has activated. Does the number of beeps indicate what caused the alarm to sound?

Any one have any ideas what the cause may be? Or is there anyway to disable the alarm entirely - a fuse maybe? I realise that the fuse for the alarm may also serve other systems, but would be willing to pull the fuse if those other systems weren't critical.

Any suggestions welcome, and thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read my first post!

Last edited by Gairloch; 27th April 2008 at 06:54 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Gairloch
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic II - 04 plate dash fault Electronics croucsw 5 7898 12th September 2008 08:28 PM
Scenic 1.9DCI '04 misfire and smokey exhaust Exhausts madnoel10 7 2083 3rd July 2008 06:59 PM
Megane scenic '04 plate alarm problem Electronics deni.babe 3 3778 27th April 2008 06:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome