Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II dead

Thread: Laguna II dead
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to jpfrost Send a message via Skype™ to jpfrost
Laguna II dead

One day last week, I went to get in my car (Laguna II SportTourer), the doors opened as normal with the handsfree card but when I went to start the engine it was completely dead. There was no 'Welcome On board' message, no lights or anything. I got out of the car, went indoors and tried again in a few minutes and it was working fine. I thought nothing more of it and put it down to a one off 'bug'.

A few days later it happened again, only this time I had started the engine, put the car in to reverse and started moving - and then it just cut out, all the dash lights went out and was completely dead - i couldn't even get the car into Park or engage the handbrake. Once again, after a few minutes the dash lights all came back and I could drive home.

I am away on business for the rest of the week so haven't done anything with this - just wondered if anyone has seen this before or got any ideas as to what it might be? I would take it to the Renault Dealer but I know they will just say 'nothing we can do if it's intermittent'

My biggest worry now (apart from it going completely leaving me stranded somewhere!), is that my warranty runs out in a few months and I've had all sorts of electrical problems with the car (they've replaced the engine management system computer, the air conditioning unit - for a faulty heated rear window, the memory seat computer) and they don't look like ending any time soon - and I can't imagine how much these issues will cost out of warranty.
Currently in jpfrost's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna II 2.0T Initiale
  5 Lastest Threads by jpfrost
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2 Injectors Engines madnoel10 1 1152 21st February 2011 03:04 PM
Dual Zone Heater not working on one side Heating & cooling bpowell555 16 9406 22nd October 2010 05:53 PM
Tyre Advice.. Wheels & tyres davesss 10 1977 21st October 2008 10:39 AM
Laguna II dead Electronics Donald 4 1386 28th April 2008 11:31 PM
General Towbar fitting advise Bodywork Tiggerz_SRi 11 3796 27th February 2008 07:07 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome